Hi,

I have 2 queries regarding protocol buffers

1. Is protocol buffer capable of decoding data coded via another
protocol? For example I have diameter packet. If I write a .proto file
similar to diameter header and generate .pb.h and pb.cc files using
it, then is it possible for protocol buffer to read diameter data?

2. How to handle a situation where length of a filed is not known in
advance.
For example if I am using string or bytes parameters, then how do
protocol buffer knows where to stop reading the data.

Thanks
Manish