Please also take a look at the config.log file, generated after
running ./configure, in the project root directory; search for
"checking for pthreads library"
"checking whether pthreads work without any flags"
There should be a line, after debug info, saying "result: no" or "result: yes"
>From your error message, it seems android NDK doesn't require any
flags to link pthread...