Apologies for the late response. Your plugin must write a valid
CodeGeneratorResponse to stdout: protoc reads that response to modify the
generated code. Your print statements are getting interpreted as part of the
CodeGeneratorResponse and causing parse failures. For details, see:
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/source/browse/trunk/src/google/protobuf/compiler/plugin.proto