On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Pherl Liu <liuj...@google.com> wrote:
> protobuf officially does not provide this function. There might be some 3rd
> party libraries though.

I did a search and could not find any. Have you (or anyone in the
list) come across any such tools/libraries ? If I am ready to
implement it, what will be the best place to begin understanding about
the protocolbuffer ? The google code page seem to contain links which
are more suited for consumers of protocolbuffers than the
architecture/implementation of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Sankar <sankar.curios...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use protocolbuffers as a storage database for my
>> application, as it provides data-format-versioning which is not
>> available in other storage options such as sqlite. However, I want to
>> know if there is a way we can search inside a protocolbuffers file
>> (like a select query with WHERE clause on a sqlite db). Can someone
>> help me with this ?
>>
>> Please CC me in the replies. Thanks.
>>
>> Sankar
>>
>> --