I'm in the process of porting my custom protobuf RPC library to
windows and have run into a snag.

I'm using the CodedInputStream class to read messages. The
documentation for zero_copy_input_stream.h implies that this is only
compatible with linux:

"These implementations include Unix file descriptors and C++
iostreams."

Am I missing something? It was my assumption that the entire protobuf
library was platform independent (at least the external API's). Maybe
someone could point me to an example of instantiating a
CodedInputStream under Windows/VS enviro?

Regards,
Patrick