On May 16, 2011, at 9:45 , Nigel Pickard wrote:
I have actually got the code working, but it involves creating a new
output stream everytime I write to it (surely got to be wasteful and
not the right way?).

Definitely not needed, and it will be more efficient if you can re-use a single FileOutputStream, as it does buffering internally. You should probably create a CodedOutputStream for each message you write, but this can be stack allocated and is very lightweight.

Evan

--
http://evanjones.ca/