My Scenario:

I have defined four proto message types: A, B, C, D and want to
compile using the C++ option. Proto file A is located in directory .
\ProtoTop and proto files B, C, D are located in directory .\ProtoTop
\Dir. The resulting class dependencies are A->B->C->D ( where -> is
defines as depends on ). I have made this directory structure to
accomadate the eventual build of libraries ( Msgs & Types ). Proto
message class A does a import "Dir/B.proto".
I have tried packaging each proto file to remove namespace conflicts
but no joy.

The problems:

1) When I compile each class individually all is well and the source
code is autogenerated. However there is a function called from A that
is defined in B which does not
exist:  ::protobuf_AddDesc_Dir_2fB_2eproto() and as such a compilation
error for A occurs in my c++ compile (VC90 version).

Note: B contains what i believe is the intended
function ::protobuf_AddDesc_B_2eproto(); Therefore it seems the
autogenerated class A adds the import path into the function name for
the above method.

Can I get around this without excplicity editing autogenerated code,
what did I do incorrectly?

2) I next tried compiling all proto files in one go, i.e one call to
protoc with the intention of mitigating the above problem. However,
this produces the following protoc errors:

B.proto:6:30: ".B.C" is already defined in file "Dir/B.proto".
1>B.proto:4:9: ".B" is already defined in file "Dir/B.proto".

files in one directory within the same namespace. This will suffice,
however it contrains my design and usage of the libraries in that I
would be unable to seperate my 'messages' from my 'message types'.