Owner: liuj...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 325 by nki...@gmail.com: protobuf shared library can not work correctly on Android 2.1(NDK),2.2 (NDK) , but it can work well on Android 2.3(NDK).

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.I compiled protobuf(version 2.4.1) to libprotubuf.so with NDKr5+cygwin+windows XP. 2.In java code, load this libprotobuf.so like this: System.loadLibrary("protobuffull");
3.run my test code to use protobuf.

When I run my test code in android 2.3, it worked very well, load libprotobuf.so and then run my test code correctly. But when I run the code in android 2.1, I found that I can't load libprotobuf.so. The logcat showed that it stopped when I try to load libprotubuf.so .

the version of protobuf is 2.4.1, the cell phone os is android 2.1 ,2.2 and 2.3.

1. Android.mk:

..
                google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl.cc \
                   google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.cc

LOCAL_CPP_EXTENSION := .cc

LOCAL_C_INCLUDES := $(LOCAL_PATH)/google/protobuf/io \
                    $(LOCAL_PATH)/google/protobuf/stubs \
                    $(LOCAL_PATH)/google/protobuf \
                    $(LOCAL_PATH)/google/protobuf/compiler \
                    $(LOCAL_PATH)
LOCAL_LDLIBS := -lz

include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)

2. load the shared lib in java code :

System.loadLibrary("protobuffull"); //(it doesn't work in android 2.1 2.2 cell phone, but it works well in android 2.3 cell phone)