Hi,

I am trying to create an option (documentation) that appears at
different levels (message-level, field-level, etc), but I got an error
saying that the name was already defined in the package. The
documentation states that:

Also, note that each option type (file-level, message-level,
field-level, etc.) has its own number space, so e.g. you could declare
extensions of FieldOptions and MessageOptions with the same number.

Does it make sense to have a separate number space and a common
option-name space? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to use the custom option (documentation) to create
self-documented messages. The idea is to use a plugin to generate the
documentation.

Regards,
Thiago