Hi,

We are planning to use protocol buffer to serialized the data before
inserting it into the db. Then we will be inserting this serialized
string into the db.

We will be storing this on SSD so look up throughput is pretty high.
But since SSD's are costly, to save on the disk cost, I am thinking to
compress the serialized string before inserting it into DB.

Do someone have done the benchmarking of using GZipStream on the
binary serialized string?
Also, can you please give me any example of how to do this?  I want to
compress the serialized string. So data is in memory and it is not in
file.

Thanks.