Hello, I'm new to protocol buffers, so this may be a very simple
question to some, but bear with me.

I have some messages within a message as follows:

...//some code
message MyMessage
        {
                message CommandMessage
                {
                        //nothing here.
                }
               message CloseMessage
               {
                        //nothing here.
                }
                optional CommandMessage messagecommand = 1;
                optional CloseMessage messageclose = 2;
        }
...//some more code

Now, the short story is that I send a message from one process to
another.
Here is what I want to happen:
Process 1 sends the message. Process 2 gets it and looks at the
message. If there is a command message, it performs a simple task. If
there is a close message, it closes.
How to I get process 2 to be able to see whether there is a
CommandMessage or a CloseMessage?
Thank you for any assistance.