Hi,

I have OS X Lion and would like to install the protobuf 2.4.1 python libs in
a user folder.

The C++ part was successfully installed with macports. However, port
protobuf-python27 does not seem to do any effect. I've installed it, but can
not find any installed files.

I've also tried to follow the easy_install instructions but can not even
install the easy_path system.

Is there an easy out-of-the-box solution, similar to C++ protobuf but for
python?

thanks.