Dear all,

after some days of experimenting with Protocol Buffers I tried to
compress the files.
With Python this is quite simple to do and does not require any play
with streams.

Since most of our code is written in C++ I would like to compress/
decompress files in the same language.
I've searched for examples utilising GzipOutputStream and
GzipInputStream with Protocol Buffers but could not find a working
example.
As you probably noticed by now I am a beginner at best with streams
and would really appreciate a fully working example as in
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/cpptutorial.html
(I have my address_book, how do I save it in a gziped file?)

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Luke