Simple ( hopefully ) question. I am sending a protocol buffer message
from windows over EMS to a C++ process that is running on linux. The
text payload is generated  as follows on my windows system:

person.toByteString().toStringUtf8().

When the c++ side attempts to reanimate my person with the following
code:

google:protobuf::TextFormat:parseFromString(dataString, &person);

The following error is produced:

"Invalid control characters encountered in text"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, for reasons that are beside the point I am unable to send a
bytes[] between processes at this time.

Thanks
-Jerry