Comment #4 on issue 271 by thkoch2001: RPATH on python native library is not set correctly

Hi,

the fix you proposed (requiring libprotobuf to be installed when building the python extension) broke our Debian packaging and makes it kind of hard to build everything from one source package.
I tried a build with just the line
runtime_library_dirs = [ "../src/.libs" ]
removed instead of the full change of r388. The build still worked as before and chrpath reported no RPATH in the generated shared library. So I'd propose (and kindly ask) whether you could revert r388 and just remove the mentioned line instead?

Best regards, Thomas Koch