I am using protocol buffer in .net http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-net/.

I installed the visual studio support version, which I can just write
proto file in project and it generates csharp class files
automatically.

A lot of times that I need to dump the files into xml(or another text
format if available) file. I found that there is a method
Serializer.Serialize() which takes an XmlWriter parameter. I tried to
use it but it complains that the protobuf type I defined must be
convertible to System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable.

In my case, what I should do in order for my type can be convertible
to System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable? I don't want to change
the cs file directly since it is generated on the fly when the proto
file is changed.

thanks.