In that case I recommend you browse through my recent discussion with
Dale Durham as I walked him through the process of using the
FileDescriptorSet's that are created when you compile using the --
descriptor_set_out flag to protoc or can obtain from another runtime
that has access to compiled protocol buffer files.

http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/t/611309b44201a747

The only difference is that you need to register each extension
manually with the ExtensionRegistry as no "registerAllExtensions"
method is available.

You can register extensions manually from a FileDescriptor as such:

                FileDescriptor fileDescriptor;
                ExtensionRegistry extensionRegistry =
ExtensionRegistry.newInstance();

                for(FieldDescriptor extension : fileDescriptor.getExtensions())
{
                        extensionRegistry.add(extension);
                }