Hi,

I am attempting to build protocol buffers 2.3.0 with gcc 3.4.6 on
solaris 9 (SPARC).  I am running into a few compiler errors.

- Is protocol buffers supported on my platform?

- Assuming it is, would anyone know why I am getting the following
errors?

google/protobuf/stubs/strutil.cc: In function `bool
google::protobuf::safe_strtof(const char*, float*)':
google/protobuf/stubs/strutil.cc:1058: error: `strtof' was not
declared in this scope
google/protobuf/stubs/strutil.cc:1058: warning: unused variable
'strtof'
make[2]: *** [strutil.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/build/downloads/
protobuf-2.3.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/build/downloads/
protobuf-2.3.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,