Well you can take in the language guide
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/proto.html#options
where it talks about custom options.  It's just below the Options
section.  This shows how to do it for a message and you'll be using
the FieldDescriptor to do this.  One more thing to note is that you
might consider looking into hibernate.  It appears you are working in C
++ so this might not be an option for you. I do know the hibernate
path works.

-Mike