Hi,

Has anyone experience using Protocol Buffers on a real-time embedded
processor?

We're considering using it to communicate with an auxiliary, non-realtime
system over ethernet.  The idea is that the second system sends commands to
the embedded processor and receives status messages (each a few hundred
bytes) at 30 Hz.  One of the concerns is processor load; has anyone
measured the additional processing required to encode messages?

I'm evaluating nanopb (http://koti.kapsi.fi/jpa/nanopb/) for this, due to
its small code size and the ability to avoid dynamic allocation.  I'd
appreciate any feedback on this implementation.

Thanks,
-Steve