Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 364 by dernashe...@gmail.com: Make static serialization and
deserialization of messages in java
* during serialization/deserialization a lot of unnecessary objects created
* a lot of garbage affects application performance. Also it causes
performance spikes which are critical to low latency messaging applications
* add option to generate POJO and/or interfaces for protobuf messages.
* make XXXSerializer/XXXDeserializer static
* make methods in CodedInputStream/CodedOutputStream static
As proof of concept I implemented full featured solution:
In tests it gives significant improvements in latency for serialization to
stream and huge improvements in consumed memory while
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Protocol
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at