Hi all,

I am using protobuf 2.4.1, and I encountered a weird issue:

I created the following .proto file:

message Auction {
        // Bid request id
        required bytes Id = 1;
        optional bytes Ip = 2;
        required int32 adId = 3;
        required int32 adHeight = 4;
        required int32 adWidth = 5;
        optional string domain = 6;
        optional string country = 7;
        optional string region = 8;
        required string exchangeUserId = 9;
        optional string pageUrl = 10;
        optional int32 publisherId = 11;
        optional int32 timezoneOffset = 12;
        optional string userAgent = 13;
        required string identifier = 14;
}

message Bid {
        // Bid request Id
        required bytes Id = 1;
        required int32 processingTime = 2;
        required int32 adId = 3;
        required float bid = 4;
        required int32 advertiserId = 5;
        required string creativeId = 6;
        required string billableSeat = 7;
        required int32 category = 8;
        required int32 vendorType = 9;
        required int32 strategyId = 10;
        required string clickthroughUrl = 11;
        required string HtmlSnippet = 12;
}

It compiles fine with protoc.exe.

However, when I tried assigning the fields, I noticed the following
phenomenon: the fields id, billableseat and htmlsnippet in Bid
structure share the same address! When one is assigned, so are the
other two.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone encountered such a thing before?

Thanks,

G.