Thank you all.
I think TFile is very similar to what I am trying to do.
One issue of TFile is that it stores all meta and indices in its tail
which in turn means that if the writing process suddenly crashes for
some reason (e.g. hardware issue or something not related to our
process) then file will be of incomplete format and it won't be
possible to read it or even recover it.

/Roman