(note: this is specific to protobuf-net, not "protocol buffers" more
widely), but yes: that (a generic list) would work fine, as long as the
property has been marked for serialization and given a number. There also
doesn't need to be a "set" accessor, although it can make full use of a
"set" - i.e. if it finds the list is "null", it will create a new list of
the appropriate type and use the "set" to update the object.

So, your code would be fine if it has been designated a number, or a
related example:

    [ProtoMember(4)]
    public List<Order> Orders { get  { return orders; } }
    private readonly List<Order> orders = new List<Order>();

Marc
(protobuf-net)

On 20 June 2012 13:08, Farooq Mushtaq <farooqmushta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can we serialize list of objects by using protobuf-net? Is
> protobuf-net support list of objects like
> public List(ABC) DEF
> {
>        get;
>        set;