On Jun 19, 2012, at 13:53 , Justin Muncaster wrote:
> 1>Running C++ protocol buffer compiler on common/bar/bar.proto
> 1>common/foo/foo.proto: File not found.
> 1>bar.proto: Import "common/foo/foo.proto" was not found or had errors.
>
> I can fix the error by hacking FindProtobuf.cmake and passing in additional
> include directories, but I run into problems down the line, which leads me to
> think there must be a better way. Every example I see has all proto files in
> one folder and does not have cross-library protobuf message dependencies.

This should work, and with the project you attached it does work (well, once I
fixed a bad field number):

Yamnuska:project ej$ protoc --cpp_out=build common/bar/bar.proto
Yamnuska:project ej$

I don't know how CMake or this PROTOBUF_GENERATE_CPP rule works, but maybe you
need to pass the appropriate --proto_path argument so it looks for the included
.proto in the right place?

Good luck,

Evan

--