Hi Jason,

thanks for the hints. I will look into them.

I have not been aware of that topic being actually discussed here but I
just took a look into it and I see that there are some concerns about this
"feature" that I still have to understand thoroughly.

I understand that it is necessary to provide an additional file (the
interface to implement) to successfully compile the protocol generated
sources. Therefore I thought of that additional interface definition as
optional.

I still think that it can be beneficial for my purposes and therefore I
will try to write my own protoc in order to get the interface in there.
Thanks again for the point into the right direction.

Maik