This is caused by a bug in protoc.exe not generating code correctly.  Oddly
enough if I use the debug build of protoc.exe it does generate the code
correctly.  So I'm using that until someone can figure out what's wrong
with protoc.exe.  FYI, this is a duplicate of another post I made and can
be deleted by someone that knows how.