The code snippet I posted above is the result of using the protc.exe that
was built 64-bit release mode and code generating a message with more than
28 fields.  The snippet is the code that was generated by that protc.exe.
Like I explained you are ok as long as you don't use the 64 bit build of
protc.exe.   Which we do not.  Now there are many other little things you
need to do if you want to use a full 64 bit version of the code.  There are
alot of warning you need to deal with, plus if your using VS2012 you've got
to fix all the c++11 incompatibilities.   So yes we still experience the
problem but we work around it.  This whole project really needs some time
dedicated to 64 bit build support and the new c++11 standard along with
VS2012.