Hi,

I have a rather basic question to understand the capabilities and relevance
of Google ProtoBuff for the stuff I am working with.

We have servers exposing REST resources and internally talking to service
layer using SOAP interface.
The choice of using SOAP instead of EJB was made some long time ago due to
load balancing issues with EJB (RMI) and firewall traversals.

I am thinking if Protocol Buffer is a better option instead of SOAP and if
protocol buffer is good at load balancing and firewall traversals.