Comment #9 on issue 119 by j.ignaci...@gmail.com: TYPE_BOOL collides with MacOS macro

I tried several tricks to solve this in the google source, but in the end, I settled on a #undef in any generated *.pb.cc which triggers a compilation error. E.g:

#undef TYPE_BOOL //avoid collision from Mac OS X's ConditionalMacros.h
#include <google/protobuf/wire_format_lite_inl.h>
#include <google/protobuf/descriptor.h>

Because this collision is not a function call, the trick used in message.h won't work. Also, because of translation unit/scope issues, #undef'ing and redefining without breaking one or both of the environments is not trivial.