Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Defect -Priority-Medium Type-Enhancement Priority-Low

Comment #6 on issue 447 by xiaof...@google.com: No C++11 move constructors

We will move to C++11 eventually. It's just that this transition will be a slow process. Currently rvalue reference and many other C++11 features are forbidden by Google's C++ style guide (http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.xml#C++11). We won't see movable messages in protobuf until after rvalue reference makes its way in the style guide. It's moving forward gradually but might not be as fast as you have wished. Yet there are still other Google internal restrictions posted on the code which might exclude certain C++11 features from protobuf even after the style guide permits them. So it's hard to tell when we can add this feature. The actual implementation seems be the least problem to worry about.