Comment #2 on issue 494 by r...@rdna.ru: In Python API google.protobuf.text_format.Merge() fails if ``text'' param contains semicolon(s).

Thank you for soon reply.

Well, I can catch the ParseError, but how can I recognize - is it semicolon (which is handled silently by C++ API), that I can just skip, or some really incorrect data in the input ?

I'm also confused a bit by the comment in src/google/protobuf/text_format.cc: // For historical reasons, fields may optionally be separated by commas or
    // semicolons.

So it seems that protobuf should work correctly with input containing semicolons.

And for historical reasons we have lots of files with semicolons which I'm going to handle with Python API.