Comment #3 on issue 488 by stanis...@ochotnicky.com: powerpc-linux cross compilation not compiling anymore

Here is a proposed patch which I've tested to at least build on i686, x86_64, ppc, ppc64, s390/s390x. It should also work on AARCH64 (64 bit ARM architecture) once it becomes available. Tested with gcc 4.7.2 and 4.8.0

The patch should not affect architectures that are supported as primary right now, but instead of failing to build it will use generic GCC __atomic operations to produce architecture-dependent atomic code. Patch is against 2.5.0 but it applies cleanly on trunk for me as well.

Attachments:
        0001-Add-generic-GCC-support-for-atomic-operations.patch  8.0 KB