I'm doing an RPC program, written in c++, the original serialization is
hessian, and my boss want to change it into protobuf because of it's
language-neutural.
 the process of this program looks like:

provider-->publish a service-->waiting--->handle request from
consumer-->return result
consumer---> invoke a method of a service provided by provider--->handle
the response from provider-->get result

the result of function are packaged into 10 objects, all of them are
inherited from an abstract base class.

I'm new to protobuf and can only write some simple .proto files then use
them. To accomplish this case, what kindle of character of  protobuf should
I learn?