On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:55:44 PM UTC-7, Ilia Mirkin wrote:

> You also need to keep track of how big your header is. Otherwise when
> reading the header, it will happily just keep on going, accumulating
> "unknown" tags/etc.
>
> When you write the file, keep track of the actual offsets you write
> the protos at. When reading, compare them to what you had when written
> out... that should reveal the issue.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that at the beginning of the file (when I write
out the file), I write to a coded output stream and write the size of the
header via WriteLittleEndianInt32 (or whatever that function is). I then
write out the "header" protocol buffer message (via same coded output
stream) and then I loop over all "entries" and (via same coded output
stream) and write those messages out to the file. So I believe I am setting
the limit's properly for reading the header, but I'll double check.

I'll keep track (via trust ol' pen and paper for now) the offsets and see
what I come up with. Thanks for the info.