Hi All,

I am a newbie to Protocol Buffers. I am trying to run the AddPerson
example, and it fails giving me the error as mentioned below with the whole
stacktrace.

Exception in thread "main"
com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol message tag
had invalid wire type.
at
com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException.invalidWireType(InvalidProtocolBufferException.java:99)
at
com.google.protobuf.UnknownFieldSet$Builder.mergeFieldFrom(UnknownFieldSet.java:498)
at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.parseUnknownField(GeneratedMessage.java:193)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook.<init>(AddressBookProtos.java:1878)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook.<init>(AddressBookProtos.java:1861)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook$1.parsePartialFrom(AddressBookProtos.java:1925)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook$1.parsePartialFrom(AddressBookProtos.java:1)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook$Builder.mergeFrom(AddressBookProtos.java:2231)
at
com.example.tutorial.AddressBookProtos$AddressBook$Builder.mergeFrom(AddressBookProtos.java:1)
at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessage$Builder.mergeFrom(AbstractMessage.java:337)
at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessage$Builder.mergeFrom(AbstractMessage.java:267)
at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite$Builder.mergeFrom(AbstractMessageLite.java:210)
at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessage$Builder.mergeFrom(AbstractMessage.java:904)
at AddPerson.main(AddPerson.java:74)

I am giving the "\protobuf-2.5.0\examples\addressbook.proto" as an argument
for ADDRESS_BOOK_FILE.

What am I missing out here?

Thanks,
Dhaval