Hey all,

Hoping to hear from some more experienced developers (completely new to
protobufs as of yesterday). I've been researching how to get protobufs to
work with iOS given that Google doesn't have a homegrown library for
objective C.

Googling around, it seems there are two general approaches:

   - Use a third-party library
      - Booyah's objective C compiler
      - https://github.com/booyah/protobuf-objc
         - Related references
            -

http://beckerwebsite.com/index.php/2013/03/06/protobuf-objc-installation-on-mac-osx-mountain-lion/
            -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8661415/objective-c-to-python-serialization/10102976#10102976
            - *The issue is that it won't compile with protobuf 2.5.0, and
         requires 2.4.1. Does anyone see a compelling reason NOT to use this
method
         and use the older version of protobufs?*
      - Metasyntactic
      - https://code.google.com/p/metasyntactic/wiki/ProtocolBuffers
         - Appears severely out of date
         - Stackoverflow shows that a lot of folks had problems with this
         one
      - Use C++ generated protobuf classes with some tweaking
   -
http://www.kotancode.com/2012/10/14/using-google-protocol-buffers-in-objective-c-on-ios-and-the-mac/
      - Related references
         -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10277576/google-protocol-buffers-on-ios
         - *This doesn't seem like a very clean approach. Any folks try
      this?*

On a related note, I can't find any documentation on cleanly uninstalling
2.5.0 if I opted for the former approach. What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks.