Comment #2 on issue 541 by matt.k...@undue.org: Double decode in google.protobuf.text_format._CUnescape

Don't be confused by the input escaping, there is only one leading backslash in '\\x5c'.

I've just checked the trunk and I can see that it is fixed but for a different reason -- the regex only matches single hex sequences (e.g. \x5), thus avoiding the double unescaping.

My problem now is that I don't have a fixed protobuf library available in my distro.