Having multiple proto files with multiple messages within each.
I am using Java and protobuf-java version 2.5.0

My processor class gets a String from a socket connection. This string I
need to convert to a Message and forward it to a listener.

I need to create a message without knowing which message type/class I have.

Must be a better way than this?
[CODE]
String text;
byte[] data = chunk.getBytes();

Message message = null;
try {
    message = Systems.Foo.parseFrom(data);
} catch (InvalidProtocolBufferException e) {

}

try {
    message = Systems.Bar.parseFrom(data);
} catch (InvalidProtocolBufferException e) {

}

try {
    message = Users.Logon.parseFrom(data);
} catch (InvalidProtocolBufferException e) {

}

return Message;

[/CODE]

This could be a double/triple post. I posted this some time ago twice
directly on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/protobuf, but it did
not appear on the group list. So this time I try sending the email myself.