On 5 October 2013 19:43, Kaustubh Deshmukh <kaudes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I transfer file using google protobuf?

The 'bytes' type can store arbitrary content.

If you want to transfer huge files, they you might want to design a
protocol araound it by sending chunks that each
are less than 2GBytes, possibly much smaller.

message FileChunk {
   optional int64 offset = 1;
   optional bytes data = 2;
}

Note, protocol buffers are just providing the encoding of your data, the
network protocol you still have to do yourself.

-h