Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 572 by ccon...@squareup.com: Enum field names are not sanitized for reserved word collision

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Define an enum that uses a c++ reserved word as a field name. e.g.:

enum {
  class = 1;

The resulting generated code does not compile.

Just like a normal field, these names should be mangled in the generated code to avoid collision within the target language.

I have attached a proposed patch that fixes the issue for C++. I formatted the patch with git-am from a git svn mirror with a merge base of trunk at r512.

Attachments:
        0001-Sanitize-Enum-names-from-collisions-with-reserved-wo.patch  6.6 KB