Comment #41 on issue 57 by mikerobe...@gmail.com: null values should be treated as no value

Seems to me there is another way that large amounts of boilerplate code can be reduced - I've just documented it on my blog:

http://www.codedmike.com/java-nulls-in-protobuf/

Apologies for the horrendous formatting of the code snippets - it appears the early versions of Ghost still have a long way to go...