Hi

I have a project made up of several modules. Up until now all of my
protobuf files have all been defined together in the same module A, so them
referring to each other via import statements has not been difficult.
Module A has many proto files all packaged into a zip file something like
A-1.3-SNAPSHOT-protobuf-src.zip, this zip file has asset.proto

However now I have created a new proto file in a second module B and it
needs to reference one of the definitions in A. In B.proto I try to import
it using import "asset.proto";

In B.pom I've defined a dependency on A-1.3 SNAPSHOT, the pom looks
something like this:

<plugins>
         <plugin>
            <groupId>com.github.igor-petruk.protobuf</groupId>
            <artifactId>protobuf-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
               <execution>
                  <goals>
                     <goal>run</goal>
                  </goals>
               </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>
               <inputDirectories>
                  <file>src/main/resources/protobuf</file>
               </inputDirectories>

 <outputDirectory>${generated.source.output.dir}</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
         </plugin>
</plugins>

<dependencies>
  <dependency>
         <groupId>com.google.protobuf</groupId>
         <artifactId>protobuf-java</artifactId>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
         <groupId>com.company</groupId>
         <artifactId>A</artifactId>
         <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

When I run maven I always get the error that asset.proto: File not found.

Can someone please explain the proper way to refer to other external proto
files?

Thanks, Derek