Dears,
I have a test.proto file like this:

message Test {
    optional string str_1 = 1;
    optional string str_2 = 2 [default="3.0"];
}

A default value is set for string field str_2. In the main file I defined a
global Test instance and access str_2 in main function like this:

#include "..."

Test g_test;
int main(int argc, char** argv) {
    cout << g_test.str_2().c_str() << endl;  // This should output "3.0"
but I got sigsegv under some situations.
}

As the comment suggested, I got sigsegv under certain situations. I looked
into the code generated by protoc version 2.5, in the constructor of Test,
str_2 was pointed to _default_str_2_, which is NULL at the beginning and
initialized by another global variable(named
static_descriptor_initializer_test_2eproto_)'s constructor.
So, if the global variable defined by me (g_test) was initialized
after static_descriptor_initializer_test_2eproto_, the above code would
work as expected. However, if static_descriptor_initializer_test_2eproto_
is initialized after g_test, then g_test.str_2 will point to NULL and cause
sigsegv when accessed.

Is this an intended behavior? Which means I should avoid using global
instance of message that have a string field with default value?