Comment #1 on issue 515 by joew...@live.com: More intelligent enums

I would say the option name is a little language specific, but the idea is good. Maybe call it "scoped=true" or something similar and add a command-line protoc flag to make it the default. I would also like to see the option to generate C++11 enum classes too, so the namespace feature would just be used for backwards compatibility for older C++ compilers.