Comment #6 on issue 488 by wscul...@gmail.com: powerpc-linux cross compilation not compiling anymore

The application of the two patches from this ticket to the current trunk enables a build on powerpc64 linux which otherwise fails with "#error Host architecture was not detected as supported by protobuf". However, the resulting binary fails 14 tests. While the test failures are likely independent of the patch, I hesitate to open a ticket on the failing tests until this issue reaches resolution.

This is blocking my ability to build and test or-tools.