Here is an example:

Serialized message:
' \x12%/storage-array-action-add\x1a\r\n\x08username\x12\x01g\x1a\r\n
\x08password\x12\x01p\x1a\x0e\n\x04type\x12\x06NetApp\x1a\t\n\x04name\x12\x01a\x1a\n\n\x04port\x12\x0280'

As you can see the highlighted text is added by protobuf (Which i assume
are some kind of delimiters - please correct me if i am wrong).