I've successfully compiled protobuf-matlab into protobuf-2.5.0 but I did
have to do make some modifications to the Makefiles. I also used Gradle
instead of Maven since our build system is Gradle based. I've attached a
shell archive (run 'sh protobuf-matlab.shar -l' to get a listing of what's
in the archive and run it without the '-l' to unpack it) of all the pieces
except the tar ball, protobuf-2.5.0.tar.bz2, which you will have to
download separately. Let me know if you have more trouble. I don't know if
this will work with protobuf-2.4.1. YMMV

Cheers,
Forrest