Ooh, the idea of allowing SQL over a service boundary sends all kinds of
shivers up my back, and not the good kind of shivers. On your head be it,
but: I wouldn't do that myself.

I once did some experimental datatable serialisation code - it isn't in the
release binary, but it is still inside the solution; but: I really can't
say how robust this would be, and you'd need to serialize it manually and
store it in a byte[]. Of course, by the time you've done all that you might
as well have simply asked the datatable to serialize itself using its own
internal storage format (make sure you switch from XML to binary) - and
again: shove it in a byte[] member. IIRC you can set the RemotingFormat and
use BinaryFormatter to get the internal binary storage format.

Marc