Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 655 by simon...@gmail.com: String corruption
I am seeing an issue with string corruption under very specific
My Proto file:
required int32 field1 = 1;
ENUM_0 = 0;
ENUM_1 = 1;
ENUM_2 = 2;
ENUM_3 = 3;
optional MyEnum field2 = 2;
optional string field3 = 3;
optional string field4 = 4;
optional string field5 = 5;
optional string field6 = 6;
optional string field7 = 7;
optional string field8 = 8;
optional string field9 = 9;
required float field1 = 1;
required string field2 = 2;
repeated MySubMessage field10 = 10;
I fill in the message with the following values:
field1 = 1
field2 = ENUM_3
field3 = "ccccccccbaaaaaa"
field4 = "ccccccccbaaaaaab"
field5 = "ccccccccbaaaaaa"
field6 = "ccccccccbaaaaaab"
field7 = "ccccccccbaaaaa"
field8 = "ccccccccbaaaaaabbbb"
field9 = "ddddd"
field10.field1 = 0.91629
field10.field2 = "aaabcccccc"
All of the strings are set using the char* setter. I check the values after
adding them and they look good. I then serialize the message and call
ParseFromArray to de-serialize.
When I check the values, field3 has been corrupted and comes out as "▒ckk".
If i change the length of field3 to be one more or one less character it
works fine. I went down the list of subsequent string fields and tried
changing the length of each and it appears to solve the problem as well.
I am using protobuf 2.5 with GCC and running on QNX 6.4.1
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Protocol
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.